The Habitat Huronia's Kitchens to Homes program is an incredible initiative that helps renovators, homeowners and Habitat Huronia's mission to build homes for hard-working families in our community! Help support Habitat Huronia today by donating your kitchen to our Barrie or Alliston ReStore.
Upon approval of your kitchen, our Kitchens to Homes team will schedule a pick-up to carefully and safely remove your kitchen - free of charge - leaving your space contractor-ready!
Beyond making a difference, there are many other benefits and reasons to donate your kitchen:
- Our Kitchens to Homes team will work within your project timelines
- You will save demo costs and waste disposal fees
- We are a green option - recycling reusable materials
- Receive a tax receipt for your kitchen donation
- The proceeds from the sale of your kitchen support Habitat for Humanity Huronia's home building program in our community
To find out if your kitchen qualifies for free removal, please contact us at 1-877-835-2001 or [email protected], or fill out the form below.
*kitchen removals are scheduled minimum four weeks in advance
If you would like to volunteer on the Kitchens to Homes team, please click here to fill out our online application. Please be sure to state that you would like to volunteer specifically with the Kitchens to Homes team.
Our commitment to you:
- Carefully remove all kitchen cabinets, countertops, pantry and/or island cabinets in a safe manner and the space is left contractor-ready
- Transport all donated items to the nearest Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Make every effort to meet your scheduling needs
- If you chose to receive a Charitable Tax Receipt, it will be issued within 6-8 weeks
Your commitment to us:
- Home owner or representative will be on-site during removal
- All cabinets must be free of mould, empty and wiped clean inside & out
- We may need access to MAIN WATER SHUTOFF & ELECTRICAL PANEL
- All gas appliances (must be capped) and fridge water lines must be disconnected prior to the salvage date
- To ensure the safety of our volunteers, the driveway, sidewalk and path to the kitchen must be clear of ice, debris and/or obstacles
- HFHH will post pictures of the kitchen deconstruction on our social media platforms to promote the program and kitchen sales
- HFHH will post a lawn sign and will arrange for the removal after one week
- If condo/apartment
- Service elevator must be booked and reserved exclusively for the HFHH Team
- Donor is responsible to be aware and adhere to cleanup standards by the condo board after the removal